lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012

Gerund or infinitive? Ejercicios

Completa los espacios con las forma del verbo en gerundio o en infinitivo
1. I can't get used to ........ in London. (live)
2. Chris is known ..... hardworking. (be)
3. It's worth ...... that book. (read)
4. He admitted ..... in the exam. (cheat)
5. Would you mind ........ me to the school? (take)
6. She denied ..... anything about the burglary. (know)
7. He always takes the dog for a walk before ....... a match. (play)
8. She forgot ....... the newspaper. (buy)
9. My mum ordered me .... my room (tidy)
10. I'll miss .... in this city. (live)
11. ......... early is horrible! (get up)
12. Mary helped me ....  my homework. (do)
13. Julian appears ........ in love with Rachel. (be)
14. Please, be careful! Promise ...... fast. (drive)
15. Laura wants him ...... to the party (come)
16. She isn't used to ........ early. (get up)
17. I hope you remembered ....... Mary that I wouldn't be at home (tell)
18. It isn't allowed ...... here. (park)
19. It makes me ..... happy. (feel)
20. They arranged ..... at the bus station. (meet)
21. She deserves ..... the prize. (win)
22. Have they considered ........ their house? (sell)
23. They forgot about ..... their homework. (do)
24. I used to ..... basketball twice a week. (play)
25. I never risk ..... my work to the teacher at the last minute. (give in)


1. living
2. to be
3. reading
4. cheating
5. taking
6. knowing
7. playing
8. to buy
9. to tidy
10. living
11. getting up
12. to do
13. to be
14. not to drive
15. to come
16. getting up
17. to tell
18. to park
19. feel*
20. to meet
21. to win
22. selling
23. doing (preposition: about)
24. play
25. giving in

*Los casos de 'make' y 'let' son especiales. Estos verbos seguidos únicamente de una forma verbal base, es decir, sin 'to' o terminación '-ing'.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario